Home Buyers Drainage Surveys
In recent times Home Buyers Drainage Surveys have become common place across the UK and Ireland. Building surveyors now recognise the true importance of these surveys and advise clients buying domestic homes and commercial buildings to ensure that they have a drain survey carried out by a fully certified drainage surveyor.
Here at Kent Drainage all our engineers hold the industry leading NADC accreditation to ensure every client has a concise, professional and trustworthy Home Buyers Drainage Survey which will include:
1. Structural Condition Reporting/analysis
2. Mis-connections identification and reporting
3. Drainage system ownership – Private / Water Company
4. Mapping – drawing to show drainage system locations and components
5. Mortgage lenders may/will request a drain survey, Insurance company may/will request a drain survey. These reports will satisfy all parties including solicitors for CON29DW’s (Water Searches)
6. Home buyers may not be aware that a survey could provide all of the above information which is extremely important.
7. Water company could be for-warned about defects on there asset, saving time and money on repairs and preventing the buyer from inheriting problems
8. Most RICS building surveyors do not carry the equipment to carry out an in-depth survey to a critical part of the structure, everything else can be properly inspected apart from the drainage system.
9. Buyers are often left in the dark about the condition of drains which are often out of sight, out of mind and can often be in a very poor condition.
10. Insurance companies are often covering defective drainage as they are unaware of the true condition, a growing number now request a drain survey before offering cover.
11. Detection of Vermin / Rat Infestation within the drainage system
There is no good reason not to have a drainage survey carried out – drain surveys remain valid for 5 years and should be kept as historical record. Survey reports can be re-used within a five year period as part of a sellers pack meaning they retain their value. Commercial / Industrial properties should also be considered for all of the above mentioned reasons.
Drain surveys should never be considered an additional expense, it is now considered to be one of the most valuable parts of the surveying process and is not to be over looked. Defective drainage systems are responsible for major structural defects in buildings, subsidence and can be avoided if located and corrected in time.
Cost of Drain Surveys?
A drain survey on a standard 3 bedroom property would normally take two hours to complete, however, in most cases the drains will need to be cleaned using high pressure water jetting, this would typically take one hour. Rule of thumb is to add on additional hour per extra bedroom, for example, a five bedroom property can take up to 5 hours to jet clean and survey.
Larger properties and commercial and industrial buildings will take longer to clean and survey and this will be reflected in the cost. These are also subject to full drainage surveys.
If you have a blocked drain in Kent or London are in need of any of our services listed on our website please do not hesitate to call on 01622 919012 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kent Drainage cover all areas in Kent for Drain services including:
London, Ashford, Broadstairs, Canterbury, Chatham, Cranbrook, Crayford, Dartford, Deal, Dover, Edenbridge, Erith, Faversham, Folkestone, Gillingham, Gravesend, Herne Bay, Hythe, Lydd, Maidstone, Margate, Orpington, Blackheath, Catford, Brixton, Charlton, Ramsgate, Rochester, Sandwich, Sevenoaks, Sheerness, Sittingbourne, Southborough, Strood, Swanley, Tenterden, Thanet, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Westerham, Bromley, Whitstable, Kings Hill, West Malling, Meopham, Essex, South London, Medway & East Sussex, Croydon.
We also offer the following services:
Blocked Drain Kent – Blocked Drains Kent – Drain Lining – Drain Relining -Blocked Sink – Clogged Sinks – Drain Cleaning – Drain Clearance – Drainage Specialists – Drain Blocked Kent – Unblocking Drains – Drain Unblocking – Drainage Solutions – Blocked Toilet – Clogged Toilet – Drain Unblocking Companies – Drain CCTV Surveys – Drainage CCTV Reports – Blocked Drain
Home Buyers Survey London, Ashford, Home Buyers Survey Broadstairs, Home Buyers Survey Canterbury, Home Buyers Survey Chatham, Home Buyers Survey Cranbrook, Home Buyers Survey Crayford, Home Buyers Survey Dartford, Home Buyers Survey Deal, Home Buyers Survey Dover, Home Buyers Survey Edenbridge, Home Buyers Survey Erith, Home Buyers SurveyFaversham, Home Buyers Survey Folkestone, Home Buyers Survey Gillingham, Home Buyers Survey Gravesend, Home Buyers Survey Herne Bay, Home Buyers Survey Hythe, Home Buyers Survey Lydd, Home Buyers Survey Maidstone, Home Buyers Survey Margate, Home Buyers Survey Orpington, Home Buyers Survey Blackheath, Home Buyers Survey Catford,Home Buyers Survey Brixton, Home Buyers Survey Charlton, Home Buyers Survey Ramsgate, Home Buyers Survey Rochester, Home Buyers Survey Sandwich, Home Buyers SurveySevenoaks, Home Buyers Survey Sheerness, Home Buyers Survey Sittingbourne, Home Buyers Survey Southborough, Home Buyers Survey Strood, Home Buyers Survey Swanley, Home Buyers Survey Tenterden, Home Buyers Survey Thanet, Home Buyers Survey Tonbridge, Home Buyers Survey Tunbridge Wells, Home Buyers Survey Westerham, Home Buyers SurveyBromley, Home Buyers Survey Whitstable, Home Buyers Survey Kings Hill, Home Buyers Survey West Malling, Home Buyers Survey Meopham, Home Buyers Survey Essex, Home Buyers Survey South London, Home Buyers Survey Medway , Home Buyers Survey East Sussex, Home Buyers Survey Croydon
For more information please call us on 01622 919012.
Why Choose Us?
- Commercial and Residential Accounts
- Home buyers surveys
- Visual fault finding
- Mapping of entire drainage system
- Recordable surveys to DVD
- All works guaranteed
- 2 hour response time
- 20+ years experience